Can of Love
The best of roses held delicately in a graceful can is eager for your touch and to adorn you
- Use clean vases or containers.
- Avoid salt crystallization by using clean, softened water.
- Change water daily.
- Remove pollen from lilies as they bloom.
- Remove all leaves which are submerged under water. Submerged leaves can rot and create bacteria, shortening the life of the flowers.
- Re-cut the stem of each flower under water diagonally using a sharp knife or scissors. This prevents air pockets from forming inside the stems which block water intake by the flowers. Re-cut every three days or so.
- Add a spoon of sugar or a tablet of aspirin to the water in the container.