Lively carnations in a box.
A distinct low arrangement of lively carnations in a box with bright red candle at the centre is a great centerpiece idea for the Christmas dinner table. Lovely spider orchids reach out of the arrangement giving a gorgeous effect that is hard to forget.
- Use clean vases or containers.
- Avoid salt crystallization by using clean, softened water.
- Change water daily.
- Remove pollen from lilies as they bloom.
- Remove all leaves which are submerged under water. Submerged leaves can rot and create bacteria, shortening the life of the flowers.
- Re-cut the stem of each flower under water diagonally using a sharp knife or scissors. This prevents air pockets from forming inside the stems which block water intake by the flowers. Re-cut every three days or so.
- Add a spoon of sugar or a tablet of aspirin to the water in the container.